Thursday, February 11, 2021

How to create a watercolor landscape with stencils. Video

 Hello everyone.

I love watercolors and simple coloring with them, but I can't create my own painting on a cards, because I'm not an artist at all :) And I found a simple solution for myself :) To create this one layered card I used Stencil-n-Stamp: Lighthouse set from Waffle Flower Crafts

 
 How I made this card you can watch here or on my Youtube channel


 

   I planned to create a slimline card, so I used my biggest nesting slimline die as a guid to trace a space on a watercolor paper where the scene should be. I masked the edges and taped the paper onto the cardboard. 

   I made all my coloring using wet-on-wet technique, I applied a lot of water and a small amount of pigment, that's why I used a high quality watercolor paper - Arches Cold press, this paper can hold even small water lakes :)

  

I wet my paper and mixed few colors from Daniel Smith Primatek watercolor set. To get a pink shade for the bottom of the sky I used Rhodonite Genuine and Piemontite Genuine.  Before I applied watercolors I sticked a lighthouse mask onto paper. I sprayed the mask with Pixie Spray (temporary adhesive spray), this spray will keep it in place. After the pink color I applied different shades of yellow, I used DANIEL SMITH Extra Fine Watercolor Dot Chart to apply the color and I mixed colors directly on the paper.

  I dried the paper with my heat gun and traced Lighthouse elements with hills using stencil and pencil and I colored them with the same colors. 

  To color the ocean I used Mayan Blue Genuine color and dirty pink water from privious step :) Again, I dried the paper and applied yellow distress ink trhrough the Sunbrust Stencil on the left top corner.

I stamped boats, birds and sentiment with Versamark Black ink.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Galina
 
Supplies

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, what an amazing result Galena - love how you created the watercolour scene using stencils!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete