Friday, June 26, 2020

Video. Ink blending Guide. Tips and tricks for improving your ink blending skills


Hello everyone! I am over on the Tonic Studios Craft Room Blog today, sharing a lot of ink blending tips and inspiration with Nuvo inks. If you haven't see these amazing Hybrid inks, I have another post for you with detailed description about them HERE.


Also, I have a special video about ink blending technique with some card examples. You can watch it here or on my Youtube chanel (if you are visiting my blog via email subscription)



The full post you can read on Tonic's blog, but I want to share here some tips too.

Basic ink blending technique


  If you want to create an ombre effect with one colour start by adding ink from the bottom to the top of your panel. With each layer, you can control how intense your background should be.  You can divide the area into three parts: light colour, medium colour and dark colour.

My favorite Nuvo ink Combos

The best in the ink blending technique that you can blend more than one color!

On my first card I used Rubber Duck + Pink Sherbet + Mint Macaroon 



For my next card I used same colors but on larger panel 


My second favourite colour combo is Moroccan Teal, Lime Burst, Sliced Strawberry and Carrot Stick.

 

And if we are talking about blending more than 3 colours on the panel I can't hide my all-time favourite colour combo - Rainbow!
Rainbow colour combo: Siren Blue, Polar Ice, Lime Burst, Rubber Duck, Carrot Stick, Sliced Strawberry.




 At last I want to share with you some ink blending techniques.

Reversed ink blending

You can use ink blended panel for die cutting. Simply rotate and place back the die cut element back on the negative die cut to create a nice reverse effect.


 Dimmed Blended Background 

Stamp some images with a light grey color on the ink blended back ground and color the images with Nuvo inks.  



 Hope you will like this post and leave a comment if you want know more about Nuvo hybrid Inks.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies

4 comments: