Monday, March 1, 2021

Cardmaking basics: build a scene. Video

 Hello everyone!

Let's make a cute Birthday card with a super adorable hamsters! :) I love to play with a small critter stamps and create a different scenes on a cards. For today's card I used background stencils - Keeway's Sky Scene Stencil, Keeway's Grass Scene Stencil, small house die - House Outline Die, and a few hamster stamps from different sets - Frontline Bundle. All this stamp sets are themed, but you can easily turn out them into birthday stamps or use for any occasion card.


 How I made this card you can watch here or on my Youtube chanel.

 I start with creating a card background. I applied inks throught the stencils directly on the white A2 card base. On the top I applied Brocken China Diestress ink and used a cloud stencil. On the bottom I applied Peeled Paint Distress ink and used a grass stencil. 

I cut out a little house from a wood grain cardstock and I decided to add shadows arond the windows and under the roof with Vintage photo Distress ink. I foam mount the house on the card base.

   I planned to create a card with a birthday mail. Thanks to mail service I still can receive my presents during the pandemic times. And it's so exciting to receive a lot of birthday cards and some packages in a mail box! I think, it's me behind the door on this card :)

  I stamped different hamsters on a white smooth paper with Memento ink and colored them all with an alcohol Copic markers. Also, I stamped few boxes and envelopes to create a scene with birthday mail. I cut them out with a coordinating dies and foam mount on the card.

  On the left bottom corner I combined two stamps to create a birthday sentiment. I stamped it with Versafine Black ink.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Galina

Supplies

1 comments: