Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Two ways of using tropical floral dies

 Hello everyone!

  Today I want to share with you a hot summer cards! I played with a beautiful Tropical dies from Claina Palmer Designs and I want to share with two projects: Layered card with tropical forest and Clean and simple geometric card. I made both of my projects using the same die sets!



Products featured:




Card Details

  I applied different colors of Distress inks on wet watercolor paper. Mostly I applied green shades plus yellow and a little bit of blue. I dried the paper and made drops and splashes with water and white acrylic paint. 

  I cut out a lot of pretty tropical leaves, I used a large palm leaf and one smaller die from  Passion Flower & Leaf and Fan Palm and a big monstera leaf from Hibiscus, Flamingo Flower & Swiss Cheese Leaf.

  To create acard panel I cut out a white panel using one of the dies from 5"x7" Double-Stitched Nested Dies and I applied blue Distress ink to create a clouds. 

  I foam mount leaves around the centre and I placed die cut sentiment in the centre of my leaf frame. I cut out the word Thanks from red and white cardstock, below the die cut I stamped a second part of the sentiment with Versafine black ink.



And here is a second way of using floral tropical dies. I used a small flower die to create birds. I cut off a small part from the die cut and colored it with alcohol based markers. I add details with a white gel pen. 

Card 2 


Products featured


Card Details 

  For my second card I used one of floral dies to create a geometric pattern on my card. This die is a part of Bird of Paradise, Lobster Claw & Banana Leaf and it can be used to build a flower.

  I cut out a lot of circles in my A2 card panel and I foam mounted it on a colored cardstock. 

  To create a sentiment I used the same dies-  Mix 'em Dies - Essentials 2  and the stamp set - Mix 'em Stamps - Essentials. This time I cut out the sentiment from a gold and white cardstock and one additional piece from a vellum. I heat embossed the sentiment on a black cardstock and cut it out using a thin stripe die from - Claina Palmer - Banners Die Set

  I foam mount my both of my sentiments in the centre of the card. 

  Thanks for stopping by!

Galina

Other supplies used for these cards

1 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards Galena, and such innovative use of the dies! Well done. Love the top card with the tropical look and the wonderful birds
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete