Friday, July 26, 2019

Slider card with hidden dog :)


Hi everyone!
  Today  I’m sharing a cute slider/peek-a-boo card using some adorable stamp sets such as  Little Something For Harry Stamp Set and Marmalade’s World Stamp Set, which is on discount now by the way.
   When I first saw the cute set with a little dog, I immediately decided that I would make a slider card with a hidden surprise, where the dog must jump out of the mountain of envelopes 
   First, I thought to make a card with only the dog. However, when I was thinking about the details for the card, I noticed an image of a hedgehog that could seem surprised at the appearance of the doggie so I added it into the scene.

 How I made this card you can see in this video.
  



  I keep my card simple to make the focal point on a slider element. I made quick colouring with alcohol markers and I also did some ink blending.

How to Make this card

  • Prepare a card base and a white card panel
  • Cut out a circle in the centre of the card panel
  • Stamp a critter on the right side of the circle die cut and cover the image with a mask
  • Apply light green ink on the bottom and two shades of blue inks on the top of the masked image.
  • Use dark green ink to stamp  the grass
  • On another piece of cardstock  stamp a dog, a flower and several  envelopes
  • Color all images and cut them out.
  • Glue a little flower to the dog image.
  • Cut a slit on the left side of the circle die-cut to create the slider.
  •  Make a DIY  slider “holder” from a piece of scrap paper like in the picture below and as I show in the video.
  • Next, attach this holder to the white stripe of paper
  • Insert slider mechanism in the slit created in the circle die cut.
  • Keep the long stripe of paper behind the circle die cut.
  • Glue the dog image on the holder.
  • Foam mount the circle die cut and card panel on the card base. For this die-cut use 1mm foam pads and for card panel – 2 mm foam pads.
  • Adhere to envelopes images on the left side of the card panel to hide the dog.
  • Add the sentiment and few Nuvo drops.

  I hope that this card will not seem difficult for you to create,. although it is a bit hard to explain how to create it in words, it was really easy and fun to make.
  
If you will have questions feel free to ask me in comments below.

Have a great day!
Galina

Supplies



Supplies US







0 comments:

Post a Comment