Thursday, December 8, 2022

Quick and Easy Poinsettia Chistmas Card Background

 Hello everyone!

Today I want to share with you a fun technique how to quickly color lots of poinsettia flowers. FESTIVE POINSETTIA Stamp set was made as a focal point for your Christmas cards, but how awesome looks a full panel of poinsettias?


How to make this card you can watch here or on Studio Katia Youtube channel.

I heat emboss flowers only on a red cardstock. I stamped them on edges with clear VersaMark ink. I used white Fine Detail embossing powder for the poinsettias.

Next I applied white pigment ink around each cluster. I overlapped the ink over the petals just a little bit. I fixed that by coloring some petals with a red pencil. With the same pencil I added shadows to create a more contrast look on the card background.


I cut out the sentiment HO HO HO DIE – Studio Katia from a white glitter cardstock and the second part of the sentiment I heat embossed using a small stamp from WINTER GREETINGS Stamp set.

I embellished the flower centres with GOLD FOIL - PEARLS. Also I added a few MAJESTIC CONFETTI to make the card more shiny. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Galina

Supplies


2 comments:

  1. A fabulous background - love the extra white ink you applied to soften the look of the background
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete