Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Stamping with watercolor Aqua Flow Pens

Hello everyone! 
  Today I want to share with you a creative way to use Nuvo Aqua Pens. The pens comes in a set of 3 pics and just a pack it’s enough to start a new watercolor project.
   For my card I used only two Aqua Flow pens. They blend well, so you can get a large color palette only with one set. I also used Glorious Poinsettia Stamps and alphabet dies Miehle’ Lower Case Simple Type to create a sentiment on the one of my cards.

 You can see in this video below how I made this card.




How to make these cards

I  applied the same technique for both cards but on the right card, I add more water while I was stamping.
  • Cut a panel from a watercolor paper, tape it to the thick cardboard to avoid paper warping when applying water.
  • Wet the paper with a water spray or large paintbrush.
  • Apply red ink from Aqua pen on the acrylic block.
  • Deep a solid stamp in the Aqua Flow ink.
  • Stamp on the wet card panel a few times.
  • Let the card panel dry or use a heat gun.
  • Stamp the outline image over the red flowers with black Nuvo hybrid ink.
  • Cut out a rectangle piece of paper in the size of your sentiment and stamp a sentiment on it.
  • Draw a frame on the rectangle piece with a red glitter marker.
  • Foam mount the rectangle piece with the sentiment on the card panel.
  • Adhere the card panel to the card base.
  • Embellish with a glitter Nuvo drops.

To create add sparkle I used Nuvo glitter dust.
I covered some parts of the card with a little glue and then spread Nuvo glitter over it.
Feel free to cover full card panel with  the Glitter dust to get super sparkly greeting card.
On the photo below you can see shiny accents on my card.


For the sentiment I used gold mirror cardstock, it cuts perfectly with any Tonic dies.

Hope you like this cards!
Have a great day!

Supplies


0 comments:

Post a Comment