Friday, January 15, 2021

Oversized sentiment for a Valentines Day card

  Hello everyone! 

Today I want to share with you another Love themed card. For this card I used a big sentiment die - Oversized Heart Word Die as a focal point. I love how this die can be combined with a smaller sentiment stamps from Oversized Heart Stamp set

waffleFlowerCrafts_oversized_heart_stamp_die_Set_stencil_heart_blooms_scalloped_circles_distress_ink_card_valentines_day_love_you_cardmaking_papercraft_handmade_2

     To create a card background I used grey and pink inks. I applied them through Heart Blooms Stencil Trio. I used only one ink color for two layers to create leaves and bunches. At first, I applied grey ink with a light pressure and for a second layer I applied a lot of ink with a bigger pressure on a blending tool and paper. After my ink blending is done I cut out a panel. little bit smaller than my A2 card base, using Additional A2 Layers Dies.

    Next, I created a circle frame for the sentiment. Using scalloped circle die and a regular nesting circle die I cut out a round frame from a silver glitter cardstock. And I put a piece of vellum underneath. I foam mount the frame on the card.

waffleFlowerCrafts_oversized_heart_stamp_die_Set_stencil_heart_blooms_scalloped_circles_distress_ink_card_valentines_day_love_you_cardmaking_papercraft_handmade_2

   I cut out the oversized sentiment from a red cardstock and attached it on the frame. I heat embossed a smaller sentiment on a pink cardstock using white embossing powder.

Thanks for stopping by!

Galina

Supplies

2 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous Galena - love your stenciled background in those wonderful colours
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply LOVE the background! And the red heart sentiment just pops! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete