Monday, November 22, 2021

Stamped one layer Christmas cards

 Hello everyone! 

I want to share with you a couple of one layered festive cards. I was playing with two different color combos, but I used the same stamp set called HOLIDAY SPRIGS - ESSENTIALS BY ELLEN to create the card backgrounds.

  I stamped the card backgrounds only with one poinsettia stamp from  HOLIDAY SPRIGS - ESSENTIALS BY ELLEN. I stamped on a white A2 smooth cardstock with 5 different shades of one  color. I started from the centre with my "middle" color. Stamping in this way will make the layering easier.

  I stamped on a silicon mat - MINI STENCIL MAT, WAFFLE FLOWER TOOLS to get nice and crisp images. 

  To create the ombre effect you will need to use at least 3 shades of one ink color. If you don't have a lot of ink colors in your stash, try to restamp images with the same color to create a darker shade. 


  Also, I overlapped and rotated some of the images to add more interest to the card background.

I stamped the bold sentiment from Holly Jolly Christmas Stamp Set over a stamped background using Versafine Black Ink and I decorated the card with clear crystals and a little red paper  bow. 
  I made the card background a little bit smaller than my red A2 card base, I ran it through my die cutting machine with the biggest die from ADDITIONAL A2 LAYERS, WAFFLE FLOWER DIES.





  I made the red poinsettias card background in the same way. I used red color ink from Altenew: Frosty Pink, Coral Berry, Ruby Red and the darkerst color is Aged Mahogany I used my mini ink cube.

 This time I stamped the bold big sentiment from Holly Jolly Christmas Stamp Set on a piece of vellum using Stazon black ink, it dries permanently and will stay on vellum forever. I cut out a gold square frame from a gold cardstock using two dies from NESTING SQUARES, WAFFLE FLOWER DIES. I adhered the frame with the vellum on the card background using a small amount of liquid glue from Tombow.
 


  Below the frame I stamped the additional sentiment from Holly Jolly Christmas Stamp Set. I stamped it with black Versafine ink.

  I finished the card by adding clear crystals.

  Thanks for stopping by!


Supplies

1 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards Galina - and thanks for sharing how you stamped that stunning background
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete